Erika helps in preparation of legal documents, conducts research on various legal issues, and provides other practical assistance to the firm’s attorneys in the fields of criminal, constitutional, and administrative law.
During her studies she participated in extra curriculum activities; multiple national moot court competitions, namely, in the fields of human rights, constitutional law, and criminal law, as well as represented Latvia in international moot court competition in the field of European Union law (European Law Moot Court). Within the framework of the ERASMUS+ student exchange program, she gained international experience by spending a semester at the Erasmus University Rotterdam Faculty of Law, in the Netherlands. She has also supplemented her knowledge at the summer school of human rights organized by the European Law Students’ Association and at the Summer School “Projekt Netzwerk Ost-West” organized by the Faculties of Law of the University of Latvia and the Humboldt University of Berlin.
In 2020, with her master’s thesis “Proving money laundering” won the first place in the “Jurista Vārds” student research competition. Currently, Erika continues to expand her knowledge by studying doctoral studies.
Areas of practice
- Criminal Law
- Constitutional Law
- Administrative Procedures in Establishments and in Court
- Assistant to attorney-at-law since 2021
- Lawyer at the Law Firm “Rode & Partners”, 2019-2021
- Doctoral studies at the Faculty of Law of the University of Latvia since 2020
- Master’s degree in Legal Science, the University of Latvia, 2020
- Bachelor’s degree in Legal Science, the University of Latvia, 2018