Extensive experience in various prosecution institutions and advocacy allows for the effective carrying out of defence in the criminal procedure, representing persons victimised in crimes, as well as providing professional legal assistance to other persons involved in criminal procedure.
By having extensive knowledge of laws and regulations governing the operation of law enforcement agencies and carrying out daily communication with their representatives, he has acquired skills to find the shortest, yet most effective way to ensure the client’s rights and legal interests in pretrial investigation institutions, prosecutor’s office and court, using legal methods and means.
If recognition of the committed violation of fundamental rights has not taken place, and the client has exercised all options to attain a fair outcome on a national level, a violation of the European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms will be identified, a claim for the European Court of Human Rights prepared and representation of the client therein ensured by using knowledge based on the case law of the European Court of Human Rights.
Areas of practice
- Criminal Law
- Human Rights
- Attorney-at-Law since 2009
- Lawyer at the Law Firm “Rode un Partneri”, 2008 – 2009
- Prosecutor of the Specialised Prosecution Office for Organised Crime and Other Branches, 2003 – 2007
- Member of the Investigation Group of the Division for the Investigation of Especially Serious Cases of the Criminal Law Department of the Prosecutor General’s Office, 2004 – 2005
- Prosecutor at the Riga City Vidzeme Suburb Prosecutor’s Office, 2000 – 2003
- Lawyer’s qualification, Latvian Police Academy, 2000.