Oskars has significant experience of almost 30 years in the area of criminal law, which has been gained by working in various positions at the Prosecution Office of the Republic of Latvia since Latvia regained independence and has now continued in advocacy for more than 20 years. During the time of his attorney’s practice, Oskars has provided assistance to clients and participated in more than 250 criminal cases, thus being one of the most experienced attorneys of Latvia in this field. Oskars teaches his colleagues that there are no small or insignificant cases, as each client considers his/her case to be the most important one, and this should be respected.
Areas of practice
- Criminal Law
- Attorney-at-Law since 1995
- Lawyer at a law firm, 1994 – 1995
- Work in various positions at the Prosecution Office of the Republic of Latvia (Regional Imprisonment Prosecution Office, Serious Cases of the Criminal Justice Department of the Prosecutor General’s Office of the Republic of Latvia),1988 – 1994
- Master’s Degree in Legal Science, University of Latvia, 1993
- Early release: earlier with an electronic monitoring bracelet, 03.04.2018, lvportals.lv
- Independent Advocacy in Europe: History and Future Perspectives, 06.07.2004, 13.04.2004, “Jurista vārds”.
- Are we on the right track, 23.04.2002, “Jurista vārds”.