Many attorneys of our law firm are specialised in criminal law. The professional experience and knowledge acquired by working in the prosecutor’s office and as an attorney at law ensures that the best possible result are achieved for the client.
Criminal law is the main area of operation of our firm, which is the largest law firm in Latvia, primarily specialising in criminal law. Our firm has the most extensive experience in this field.
In our daily practice we see that extensive knowledge in the area of criminal law and criminal procedure in combination with professional experience both in the work of prosecution and advocacy helps us find the best possible solution for a client in each specific case.
High quality legal assistance in each criminal procedure starts with an adequate assessment of the situation, which also serves as the grounds for the selection of our work direction. We believe that the purpose of the attorney’s work in a criminal procedure is to reach a result that is most favourable to a client and at the same time is fair and conforming to law.
The range of matters in which we provide legal assistance in criminal proceedings is very broad:
- defence of a detained, suspected and accused person
- representation of victims
- provision of legal assistance to witnesses
- defence of legal persons in processes on the application of coercive means
- representation of the owners of affected property in a criminal procedure
- legal assistance and representation in processes on illegally acquired property