Jeļena has extensive experience in defending clients in criminal procedures in Latvia and also in representing clients in the European Court of Human Rights and other international institutions. Owing to the long-term experience gained in international practical activity, Jeļena has proven herself as a high class specialist in the provision of legal assistance to the residents of Latvia getting into complicated situations abroad, as well as to foreign nationals facing problems in Latvia. Over many years, Jeļena has established professional relations with trusted and highly qualified colleagues in Austria, France, Great Britain, Finland, Lithuania, Estonia, Cyprus, Russia and other countries. Knowledge and extensive range of professional contacts allows the provision of professional, results-orientated legal assistance to clients in criminal procedures not only in Latvia, but also abroad.
Areas of practice
- Criminal Law
- Human Rights
- Constitutional Law
- Attorney-at-Law since 2004
- Lawyer at the Law Firm, 2002 – 2004
- Lawyer in various commercial companies, 1995 – 2002
- Specialist at the External Communication Coordination Department of the State Revenue Service, 1993 – 1995
- Master’s degree in Legal Science with a specialisation in international law and European law (LL.M), Riga Graduate School of Law, 2001.
- Higher Professional Education in Legal Science, Baltic Russian Institute, 1999