Professional experience of Jānis in advocacy exceeds 15 years. Jānis spends the majority of his work time in court rooms. Even though Jānis is primarily engaged in the defence of clients in criminal proceedings, significant experience in civil and administrative cases adjudicated in court has also been gained during these years. Jānis believes that the key to a attorney’s success is the combination of excellent theoretical knowledge and professional experience.
Areas of practice
- Criminal Law
- Constitutional Law
- Litigation in Civil Cases
- Commercial Law
- Administrative Procedures in Establishments and in Court
- Chairman of the Latvian Council of Sworn Advocates since 2017
- Chairman of the Latvian Examination Commission of Sworn Advocates since 2015
- Member of the Latvian Council of Sworn Advocates from 2011 to 2017
- Since 2003, Riga Arbitration Court, arbitration judge
- Lecturer at SIA “Biznesa augstskola Turība”, 2002 – 2003
- Attorney-at-Law since 2002
- Lawyer at VAS “Latvijas pasts”, 1998 – 1999
- Lawyer at SIA “Arco Real Estate”, 1999 – 2002
- Doctoral degree in Legal Science (Dr.jur.) In a sub-section of criminal law, the University of Latvia, 2013.
- Master’s degree in Legal Science, the University of Latvia, 2002.
- Lawyer’s qualification, University of Latvia, 2000.
- Rozenbergs J., Strada-Rozenberga K. Criminal Compulsory Measures for Legal Entities, Procedure for the Application Thereof and its Current Problems in the Criminal Procedure of Latvia. Corrective Monography “Publicly-Legal Liability of Legal Entities” – scientific editor Ā. Meikališa. Riga: LU Academic Publishing, 2018, pages 168-210.
- Kārkliņš J., Rozenbergs J. Legal Status of Non-cash Means, Civil Liability and Criminal Procedural Aspects. “Jurista Vārds”, 21.02.2017, No. 8 (962), pages 8-17.
- Kārkliņš J., Rozenbergs J. On Publicly Announced Agreement in the case of the Zolitude Tragedy. “Jurista Vārds”, 13.12.2016, No. 50 (953), pages 12-14.
- Rozenbergs J. Attorney’s Role in Ensuring Rights to Defence. 10 years of Criminal Procedure Law. Lessons of the Past and Challenges of the Future, a collection of articles. Scientific editing by Dr. iur. Ārija Meikališa. Riga: Latvijas Vēstnesis, 2015, pages 156-170.
- Rozenbergs J. Criminal Law Description of Compulsory Measures for Legal Entities. Efficiency of Rights in Postmodern Society, a collection of articles of the Latvian University 73rd Scientific Conference. LU Academic Publishing, 2015, pages 138-152.
- Rozenbergs J. On the Legal Nature of Criminal Law Compulsory Measures for Legal Entities. Legal Science, 2013, No. 4, pages 212-222.
- Rozenbergs J. Crimes with Two Forms of Guilt. Topical Problems of Legal Science, a collection of articles. Riga: Publishing House “Zvaigzne ABC”, 2012, pages 177-186.
- Rozenbergs J. On Several Matters of Understanding the Definition of the Crime Qualification. Journal “Administrative and Criminal Justice”, 2011. No. 2/3, pages 33-41.
- Rozenbergs J. Right to Completion of a Criminal Procedure in a Reasonable Time. “Jurista Vārds”, 5 June 2011, No. 27 (674).
- Rozenbergs J. On Some Aspects of the Definition of Guilt. Theory and Practice of Improvement of the Legislation and Application of Law, Traditions and Innovations: materials of international scientific conference for the students of Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral studies, Minsk, 30-31 October 2009. Minsk: BGU, 2010, pages 174-176.
- Rozenbergs J. Objectivity of Judge: Senate Practice and Requirements of Law. “Jurista Vārds”, 3 June 2008 No. 21 (255).
- Rozenbergs J. Transformation of the Guilt Concept in the Criminal Law in Latvia and Abroad. International Scientific Conference “Harmonisation of Law in the Region of the Baltic Sea at the turn of the 20th-21st Centuries”. Riga: Faculty of Law of the University of Latvia, 2006, pages 202-208.
- Rozenbergs J. Strict Liability in Criminal Law. International Scientifically Practical Conference “Criminal and Procedural Fairness”. Riga: Latvian Police Academy, 2005, pages 127-133.
- Rozenbergs J. Need for Liability of a Legal Entity. Personality. Time. Communication: rights, history and cultural history. Materials of the international scientific conference, 2003 27-28 February Rēzekne: Rēzekne Higher Education Institution, 2003, pages 119-125.
- Rozenbergs J. Guilt Concept in the Criminal Liability of a Legal Entity. Articles of the University of Latvia. Volume 657. Legal Science. Riga: University of Latvia, 2003, pages 75-82.
- Rozenbergs, J. Representatives of a Legal Entity as a Group of Special Subjects of Criminal Liability. Journal of the Legal Institute of Kaliningrad, Ministry of the Interior of Russia: Scientifically theoretical journal. Kaliningrad: Legal Institute of Kaliningrad, Ministry of the Interior of Russia, 2002, pages 73-79. No. 2.
- Rozenbergs J. Concept of illegally acquired funds in the criminal law system of Latvia. International conference “Business and Its Legal Environment: Processes, Trends, Results”. Collection of articles. Riga: SIA “Biznesa augstskola Turība”, 2002, pages 236-241.
- Since 2002 has participated in reports in more than 20 international and local scientific conferences.